January 15, 2012

Quick and Dirty Rolls

Won't call these the best rolls ever, but they are very tasty and very quick. I wanted rolls to go with dinner tonight, but only had 30 minutes!

Makes 12 rolls.

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
1 package active dry yeast
1 egg, beaten
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat over to 425ยบ.
In a mixer (I used my Kitchen Aid), mix water, sugar, butter, salt, and yeast. Then add the egg. Then add the flour. Make sure it's mixed well. This is a very sticky, loose dough. Don't add more flour!
Grease 12 muffin cups. Using a spoon drop spoonfuls of dough into each muffin cup. Cups should be half full.

Cover and let rest till doubled. I sat my muffin tins on top of the preheating oven and it was doubled in 10 minutes!
Bake for 10 minutes.

You can mix this by hand. I'd start off using a whisk and then use a wooden spoon to mix in the flour.

I'd say these were a hit by my family. The three of us ate 8 rolls! :D

No comments: