September 19, 2010

Menu: 9/19 - 9/25

Last week we ended up having 2 last minute events, so I didn't get around to making chicken parmesan. I also had pregnancy brain when shopping and somehow forgot the cheese and salsa for the quesadillas. We ended up having hamburgers, squash, and tater tots that night. *sigh* Hopefully this week will go a bit smoother. ;)

Sunday:
Chicken and cheese quesadillas
*Bake Playground Granola Bars (loved these!!! Can't wait to mess around with this recipe for some different tastes.)

Monday:
Fend for ourselves (schedules don't mesh for dinner)

Tuesday:
Chicken parmesan, whole wheat pasta, and steamed broccoli

Wednesday:
Eggplant Caponata (loved this! I recommend cutting the recipe in half unless you're feeding a crowd) w/ baguette and baked paprika-parmesan chicken (good basic recipe; I upped the temp to 400* and baked for 30 minutes, and next time I'll bake it on a rack)

Thursday:
Tuna fish salad (grilled sandwich for DH) and squash

Friday:
Homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs, and bacon

Saturday:
Breakfast – blueberry pancakes (Tried a new pancake recipe which wasn't as great as this one that I tried last time, so I'm not going to bother posting the one I used.)
Leftovers/menu make up day/out to eat

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing the Granola Bars recipe, they are so yummy!

Mrs Sea Monster said...

I found the granola bars to be fantastic! I wrapped each one up in plastic wrap and DH grabs one or two before he leaves in the morning to use as snacks.

I went back through tonight and put my thoughts about the new recipes up!