July 04, 2009

Ribs, Grilled Veggies, and Grilled Peaches

Photobucket
Gorgeous grilled veggies from last night's dinner. Served with the ribs. I skewered cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, and zucchini. Sprinkled a bit of kosher salt on zucchini before grilling.

Photobucket
Grilled peaches. I quartered two peaches. Mixed the quarters with brown sugar and vanilla before grilling. Was very good. First time we've done this.

I forgot to take a picture of the ribs unfortunately. I marinated the ribs in Corky's rub, meat tenderizer, Corky's hot BBQ sauce, and vinegar. Then I baked them wrapped in foil in a 200* oven for almost two hours. Then I removed the ribs and grilled to finish cooking. We basted the ribs in more Corky's hot BBQ sauce while grilling. SOOOO good. I just love country style ribs. Very meaty. Oh and Croky's is one of the few WONDERFUL BBQ restaurants back in Memphis. I make sure to eat a meal there every time I'm back home. My mom sends me care packages with their rubs and sauces every few months. Nothing beats it. Their apple BBQ sauce is great on pork tenderloin. :) You can buy their stuff in bulk here. They also FedEx their meats. You know it's good when people around the country pay the outrageous prices to have Corky's ship them some of their pulled pork or ribs. ;) lol.

1 comment:

outdoorgriller said...

That sounds good I grill ribs differently and they always come out tender.I enjoy vegetables and fruit with my grilled food too.If you would like to see the collection of tips and recipes I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com