July 04, 2009

New Menu (Finally)

DH was gone for just about the entire month of June. While he was gone, I didn't really make anything fancy. For the first time in over two years I actually bought frozen chicken strips and chicken nuggets. Does that let you know how much I cared to cook with him gone? :) I did make some wonderful veggie burgers, and I'll post that recipe later.

For those that don't know, my work hours just recently changed. My menu will start reflecting this because I just won't have the ability to cook much myself Monday through Thursday evening. Anything on those nights will either be prepared the previous weekend, be a convenience meal, or DH will be cooking (so easy peasy). If I cooked anything with my new hours, we wouldn't be eating till 8pm (or later) and well that's way too late for me! :)

Menu: 6/28 – 7/10

Sunday, June 28 – make Lasagna

Breakfast/Lunch: breakfast wraps w/ sausage, eggs, and cheese

Dinner: beef lettuce wraps w/ veggies

Monday-Thursday Meals (6/29-7/2)

1. Lasagna and green beans
2. Leftover Lasagna and green beans
3. Chicken and egg with rice (recipe comes from Personal Trainer Cooking on Nintendo DS)
4. Tilapia, broccoli, and pasta side

Friday, July 3rd

Breakfast/Lunch: Baked Oatmeal (I also added some blueberries and cinnamon to this, turned out WONDERFUL.)

Dinner: country style ribs, grilled zucchini, and grilled sliced peaches

Saturday, July 4th

Breakfast/Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: spicy bean salsa (with leftovers)

Sunday, July 5th

Breakfast/Lunch: leftovers (or eggs and biscuits)

Dinner: Brats (cook hamburgers at same time), fried squash, and macaroni

Monday-Thursday Meals (7/6-7/9)

1. hamburgers, corn, and leftover macaroni
2. Penne a la Betsy (7/8)
3. Cheesy chicken and rice casserole
4. Hamburger helper

New menu starting 7/10.

No comments: