November 02, 2008

This week's recipes! (Nov 3-6)

Pot Roast - I'm throwing a beef roast into my crockpot along with cubed red potatoes, onions, and a can of carrots. I'll season with salt, pepper, and whatever else strikes my fancy at the time. I will add a little water, so I can have more juices to use as a sauce. Super easy. 

My Easy Alfrado Pasta - this is the cheater's version for a weekday when I need something fast. I buy one of those alfrado sauce packets. Cook according to directions. Boil pasta on the side. During the last five minutes I throw in frozen broccoli into the boiling pasta. Drain when done. Mix with sauce in a larger pot. Add milk and more parmesan cheese and stir over low heat till melted. If I'm in a garlic mood, I'll add some garlic salt and pepper. 

Italian sausage spaghetti - Bring a pot of water to boil. Boil pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, brown 1/2 lb of ground Italian sausage. When sausage is browned, add 1/2 to 3/4ths of a jar of Preggo's Italian sausage tomato sauce. Serve with sauce over the pasta. Top with parmesan and/or mozzarella cheese. Easy peasy.

And since DH and I didn't get through our whole menu last week, instead of going out to eat Thursday we will be eating one of the two meals we didn't eat last week. :)

It's a week of EASY EASY meals, but we're both working long hours this week on top of packing for our trip (we leave bright and early Fri morning). We....no, I....lol....needed EASY EASY this week for dinners.

Lunches this week will be mini pumpkin pancakes, leftover homemade pizza, leftover alfrado pasta, and spinach brownies that have been in the freezer for awhile and need to be eaten. ;)

No comments: