November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving Menu and Recipes

I *think* I've decided on my final Turkey Day meal. Haven't decided on a yummy breakfast to tide us over though yet. Maybe we'll just eat my pumpkin pie for breakfast rather than dessert. :D DH and I also aren't into stuffing/dressing, so we're passing on that this year. Why make a pan if we'll only eat 1/4 of it? Part of me is tempted to buy a can of jellied cranberries even though we'd only eat half of it. It's just so traditional for my family. I also thought about making a green bean casserole till I remembered DHs reaction to it two years ago when I last made it - he's just not into casseroles. I'm pushing my luck with the squash, but I refuse to not make it. He gets his rolls, I get my squash! Fair is fair! :D

Potato Casserole
Pumpkin Pie


Potato Casserole

 

1 (1 lb) bag of frozen hash brown potatoes

½ cup melted butter

1 tablespoon of salt

½ tablespoon of pepper

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1 (8 oz) sour cream

1 (8 or 10oz) package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

½ cup of chopped onion (optional)

 

2 cups crushed corn flakes

¼ cup melted butter

 

Mix first 8 ingredients together and pour into buttered casserole pan.

Top with corn flake crumbs mixed with butter.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.



PERFECT PUMPKIN PIE

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
  • 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust (deeper one)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, EAGLE BRAND®, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
  2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

No comments: