October 17, 2008

So what's a menu?

Some of us just aren't all that great at creating great dinners on a whim. Some of us live off of military pay and have to follow a budget. And some are like a past me who buys whatever strikes her fancy at the store just to discover that you have to go back again in two days cause you're missing too much stuff to even cook anything normal. So, go ahead. Admit you're unorganized in some way and can't cook great meals every night without shuffling through every nook and cranny in your kitchen. Please make me feel better. :)

One night I got this random desire to put an end to all my grocery store troubles and last minute cooking decisions. I made a menu for the following week. I listed out all the days of the week on the left side of a piece of paper. To the right of each day I listed a dinner. Life started getting simpler in that moment. Lo and behold, I knew what to buy when grocery shopping too!

A menu can be as simple as a list of dinners for the week. Or it can get as complicated as listing out breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, etc. Some people assign a meal to a certain day of the week. Others just make a list and check something off every night.
Some of us go crazy and type out our menus every week. Some of us REALLY need that organization.

So I'm going to share my current menu (and it's formatting nightmare) soon. I'll list tips in making a menu of your own. I'll even share where I stole most of my recipes from. :D

No comments: