October 19, 2008

My Failed Cake *sigh*

In the past I would have called this cake practically fool proof. I started making this cake as a preteen. Made it lots of times...when I lived back home in TN. One of my family's favorite cakes. However, I never made it once I moved out here with my husband. Till today. And it failed. Just sunk in the middle. Grrrr....
Currently I'm on the hunt for what went wrong. But it still smells great and I'm sure it'll taste great too.  I'll share the recipe anyways. May you have the luck I once had. It does look pretty once I turned it out of the pan. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mom's Sour Cream Pound Cake

1 Duncan Hines Butter Golden cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
8oz sour cream

Mix all ingredients together well. Spray bundt pan with oil. Bake at 350* for 40 minutes.

No comments: